BDI, Monash University, Melbourne
BDI Monash University is one of the largest and most successful biomedical research institutes in Australia. e BDI brings together more than 100 teams in a highly interactive environment, with access to truly world-class infrastructures, details here.
Our laboratory research interest focuses on- how epigenetic and epi-transcriptomic changes regulate gene expres- sion programs in ES cells, neural stem cells and di erentiated cells under normal and pathological conditions, such as, cancers and neurological disorders. We use various experimental approaches including - Cell and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, CRISPRs, CRISPRs screens, ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, m6A RNA-seq, m5C RNA-seq, WGS, ATAC-seq, RRBS, Hi-C, proteomics and bioinformatics.
Research details here.
Faculty / Portfolio: Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences School of Biomedical Sciences
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: ree year xed-term appointment
Remuneration: $82,645 - $90,646 pa HEW Level 07 (plus 17% employer superannuation)
A PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics would be desirable with signi cant research experience in the eld of Bioinformatics, Computational biology, Genomics and Epigenetics/ Epi-transcriptomics -Candidates must have rst author/ co-author publications
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent knowledge and hands on experience in NGS data, particularly- ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, m6A RNA-seq, WGS, ATAC-seq, HiC, SNPs and related genomics datasets
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills
- High-level of project management skills with a record of successfully coordinating and/or supporting projects -Planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and set and meet deadlines -Ready to handle creative and challenging assignments
- Willing to learn machine or deep learning, developing new bioinformatics tools
- A demonstrated awareness of the principles of con dentiality, privacy and information handling
If you are interested, please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for 3 references via email to: