Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research
We are seeking a curious, talented and highly motivated data scientist for a position jointly hosted by the Chromatin Chemical Biology and Data Science groups in the department of Chemical Biology and Therapeutics at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research in Basel, Switzerland. We are a global, cross-functional, interdisciplinary group of scientists who collaboratively design, execute and analyze chromatin profiling experiments.
You will aim to elucidate chromatin and transcriptional changes accompanying chronic disease such as chronic liver disease, using state-of-the-art NGS chromatin profiling techniques. If you have a passion for problem-solving and are interested in exploring, analyzing and transforming data to reveal new insights into diseases, patients and innovative treatments of the future, this is for you.
• A desire to relentlessly challenge the status quo to improve, increase and enhance early translational drug discovery by looking beyond the protein coding genome and imagine the impossible
• Excellent scripting skills in Python, as well as good knowledge of R, Linux and SQL
• Domain knowledge on epigenetics, as well as demonstrated experience with integration of multi-omics data
• Experience with analysis of primary human tissues, along with understanding of single cell analysis
• Proficiency with making data easily accessible to collaborators (e.g. Shiny, Dash), and experience with cloud computing
To be determined
Please apply here (CV and cover letter) https://www.novartis.com/careers/career-search/job-details/285437BR
Starting date: 2nd March 2020
Deadline for applications: 31st March 2020