Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB), Mainz, Germany
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH
funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
is recruiting a
Staff Scientist or Service Engineer (m/f)
in Mass spectrometry-based Proteomics
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located within the campus of the University of Mainz in Germany. IMB focuses on epigenetics, DNA repair and developmental biology and offers premium scientific core facilities.
The Proteomics Core Facility, which is currently staffed with a core facility head, a technician, an engineer and a bioinformatics PostDoc, is looking for a service engineer/staff scientist to join the team.
- Independently operate LC-MS-systems
- Maintain and repair existing HPLC and orbitrap platforms
- Establish and optimize new MS-based methods
- Support scientific staff in proteomics experiments
- PhD in natural or life sciences or completed engineering degree
- Experience in working with HPLC and mass spectrometry
- Commitment and interest in solving problems independently
- Communication and team spirit
- Interest in working in interdisciplinary teams
- Good computer skills (dealing with large amounts of data, IT-supported devices)
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Collaboration opportunities on research projects
- The possibility to work with state-of-the-art technology
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Advanced training opportunities (in-house and external)
- Favorable pension scheme
Starting Date: 01.01.2019 or later
Duration: The position has an initial contract length of two years with an option for permanent employment.
Application Deadline: 15 November 2018
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection.